Citizens who have taken a loan from a bank often face the problem of repaying it. And the point is not that they cannot pay it, but simply an elementary ignorance of how to pay a bank loan. So how and where can I pay a bank loan? Where is more profitable and where is more convenient?
Where to start the search for loan payment options?
So, suppose you took a loan, what next? Then, it is necessary to check with the manager what methods of paying a loan exist in this bank and the addresses of branches operating in your area.
In most cases, bank representatives issue a list of branches indicating their opening hours, working days and days off, as well as phone numbers. Some even give out a list of partner banks indicating the amount or percentage of the commission fee.Then it is recommended to study this list in a relaxed home environment and make a choice in favor of the most suitable loan repayment option.
How can I pay off a loan at the bank?
So, considering the list of possible payment options, you can see the following services with which you can actually repay a loan. These include the following:
- Bank cash desks (these can be cash desks of both the bank creditor itself and a third-party credit organization);
- Payment terminals;
- ATM machines
- Internet banking;
- Virtual services;
- With the help of a contact center employee (money is written off to repay the loan by the bank representative from the borrower’s credit card by phone call).
Credit payment at the cash desk of the creditor bank
The easiest way to pay is to pay the loan through the cashier. To do this, you need to come to the nearest bank branch and pay off the loan by presenting a loan agreement or a special paper card with the name, client number and contract number . However, it should be understood that there may well be a queue at the box office. In addition, the borrower must be prepared to pay a commission for services, the size of which will depend on the following indicators:
- From whether the client turned to his bank creditor, the bank partner of the creditor or an external organization;
- From the loan amount (many banks during service charge a percentage of the loan amount from the client);
- From the time of service (sometimes banks set to a different commission depending on the operational or postoperative time);
- From the policy of the bank (often banks set different amounts of fees depending on the type of payment).
Payment of a loan at the cash desk of a bank creditor, as a rule, is carried out either without a commission, contains a symbolic commission, or a percentage of the payment amount. For example, when paying for a loan, the cash desk will cost the borrower 10 dollars, regardless of the amount paid. Exactly the same commission is charged from the client by this credit institution when paying for the loan through the electronic terminal of the bank. Payment of a loan in this bank is associated with a queue. Citizens who do not want to stand in line can make their monthly payment using the services of electronic terminals.
Repayment of the loan at the cash desk is free of charge. Almost without a queue, the payment itself takes place. This is due to the introduction of an electronic queue in modern bank branches (when payment occurs on special coupons and an electronic board).
On average, the size of the commission can vary from 1 dollar to 10 dollar (in case of a fixed payment) and from 1% to 3% (in case of a percentage of the payment amount). To repay the loan at the bank creditor, the client will only need a loan agreement.
Payment of a loan at the cash desk of partner banks
The second easiest way to pay a loan is to pay through the cashier of a partner bank. As a rule, in such banks, the amount of commission is not too high.
To pay a loan in partner banks, the client needs to provide a loan agreement with the details of the credit organization, the loan in which you need to pay. Under the details are understood the following data:
- Name of the loan payer (the person for whom the loan was issued);
- Borrower’s residence address (the address must match what is indicated in the loan agreement);
- Loan agreement number;
- TIN number;
- Beneficiary’s name (full name of the bank);
- code of the beneficiary’s bank (it can be found in the creditor bank);
- Bank account number.
Sometimes the recipient bank MFI is also needed. In order to avoid problems with payment, during the execution of the loan agreement, ask your bank representative for all the details of paying the loan in other credit organizations.
Payment of credit in third-party financial institutions
In turn, if the client does not have time, he can pay the loan at any other bank. However, the amount of the commission fee in such institutions can be much larger. So, for example, when paying for a loan using a cash desk or Bank terminal, the payer needs to pay a fee of 10 dollars.
And in some banks there is even a list with the amounts and percent. This is possessed, for example, by the Finance and Credit Bank, which has set the following rates:
- When paying a loan of up to 2,000 dollars, the amount of the commission is 1.2% of the payment amount (the minimum fee is 12.00 dollars);
- When repaying a loan in the amount of from 2,000.01 to 5,000 dollars, the size of the commission is – 1.2% of the payment;
- When paying a loan in the amount of from 5,000.01 dollar and up to 50,000 dollar, the commission is equal to – 0.8% of the payment amount;
- When repaying a loan in the amount of USD 50,000.01 or more, the commission is equal to 0.6% of the payment amount.
As you can see from this list, paying on a loan from another creditor is beneficial only if the payment amount is large. On average, the fee for paying a loan in third-party banks ranges from 5 to 20 dollar. To pay for a bank loan in third-party financial institutions, the borrower must present a loan agreement.
Payment using branches
In turn, many banks enter into an agreement with , which allows you to pay a loan through this communication service. Upon receipt of credit documents, bank representatives issue for this purpose special printed receipts with a bar code. If this receipt has not been issued, it can be obtained at the branch of the creditor bank, or at the post office itself (provided that you know all the necessary details of the bank).
The main advantage of this appeal is the complete absence of a commission for a payment transaction.
Summary: The most common method of paying off a loan is the bank cash desk. However, everyone is free to choose the method that he likes best!